Author Topic: Identifying True Turkish Contract CZ 75B  (Read 5011 times)

Handgun

Identifying True Turkish Contract CZ 75B
« on: July 25, 2002, 06:04:20 AM »
Hi,

How does one tell if a CZ 75 B is a Turkish contract pistol?  I just purchased, at a good price (I think), a CZ 75B with plastic finger rest grips and a '96 date.  Is that all there is to it?  There seem to me to be no special markings on the gun, plastic case, or cardboard outer box.  Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry if this was covered in a previous post.  I searched here and in the archives and did not find a definitive answer.  If it was covered and I missed it in my search, please supply the link to the post.

Thanks.

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 06:23:32 AM »
All of the ones I've read about -- I had one myself -- were as you described, and came with on 10-round and one 15-round magazine.  (A few dealers stripped the 15-round mag, or substituted a 10...)   All had the polycoat finish.

Someone else will have to tell you more.

cz40va

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 06:29:24 AM »
The Turkish contract pistols are pretty much the way you describe yours. There are no special indentifing marks as such.

Handgun

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 08:31:42 AM »
Mine is the poly coat and did have both 10 and 15 round magazines.

So the box/papers said nothing on them like "Military" in the model designation?

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 11:07:33 AM »
The guns were repackaged for sale in the US.  All the original docs with any military references were replaced.

Trebor1415

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2002, 12:33:40 AM »
The plastic box my 75B Mil came in had some sort of Turkish symbol on it. If I remember right it was a crescent moon and a star? It's in the bedroom where my wife is sleeping so I can't get it now, but I'll try to remember to check later.

Trebor

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2002, 04:00:18 PM »
Mine says cz75 military on the cardboard outer box.
(or mil, I don't have the box with me)
Also, I have the big cz usa, Oakhurst CA rollmark

Online armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2002, 07:50:29 AM »
Odd, there is one at Murphy's guns in Tucson marked CZ75, no B, a stamp of 95, and the salesman insists it is brand new Turk Mil, with the 15 round mag, and a bubble in the finish under the roll stamp. Looks good for $350, but I thought it -was more of a transition model. Anyone interested in it can call 1-520-881-7074.
   Dave

Trebor1415

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2002, 01:01:19 AM »
Am I the only one whose Turk 75B actually had the Turkish Star and Crescent and Turkish writing on the plastic box?

The plastic box has a sticker with the symbol and the words "Turkiye Cumhuriyeti."  (Hakam, how 'bout a translation?)

Both the cardboard box and the plastic box are bar coded with a label that says:

"CZ 75 B CAL. 9mm Luger  
                               BLACK POLYMER

Order no.: 04240702ABABAAX   Serial No: 72xxx

The word "Military" or "Mil" does not appear anywhere on the package.

Is this different from how everyone else's Turk 75B's were packaged?

Trebor

CZ75ID

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2002, 01:32:57 AM »
The term "MIL" is inreference to the Military/Police contract with Turkey.

They are just commercial models 75B with Polymer finish..
but from my information. These guns were made to meet
the specs of the contract. Hence, the Cheddar Cheese grips.

The POLIS marked mag pads (HAKAN) probably went on later. Too bad we can't get any Turkish Police Officer here.
Or even Brazilian officers.. who carry the BD. Egypt issues
the 75B also.

Offline Hakan

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2002, 05:39:31 AM »
This means "The Republic of Turkey"

7 out of the 10 cops I've seen this sommer in Turkey, carried CZ 75s.Some of them was pre b CZs and some poly coated CZ75B.Rest had Brownings,Rugers and new Berettas...I heard that police pays for his gov. issued sidearm...in the past they had to accept whatever gov.bought in for them,but now they get to choose what they want to use since they pay for it themselves.

I remember reading once that in 1996 Ministery of Internal affairs has bought black polycoated CZ75Bs for the police.Since the manfr. date stamps on the so called "Mil"guns in the US dates '96, made me start wondering if these "Mil" CZs are somehow surplus from the police's order.

Up to date I still haven't met a Military person to ask about this..but thinking about e mailing the Turkish Armed forces public relations office to find out about this question.

mbott

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2002, 05:34:11 PM »
If you do mail the Turkish Armed forces public relations office, be sure and pass along a hearty "Thank You" for all of use who have benefited for these "Mils" ... even with the cheesey grips. :)

--
Mike

JohnBT

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2002, 07:24:32 AM »
My '96 Military has the label posted above, except for one addition...T.

CZ 75 B CAL. 9mm Luger T (<====Turkey?)
BLACK POLYMER

Order no.: 04240702ABABAAX Serial No: 71XXM

It is over another label that is the same size, but unfortunately the bottom one is mostly unreadable. What I can see appears to be the same as the top one except no T after Luger.

Then there is a small label with a bar code and matching numbers overlapping the two larger ones. It says Turkish Ministry among other things and has what appears to be an 00 date. I suppose that it could be the retailer's label, but then there is another overlapping label with the retailer's name and more of the same matching numbers on it.

So, in summary, four labels with bar codes on the end of the box and no mention of Turkey anywhere else on the box, the case or the paperwork.

John

Trebor1415

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2002, 11:38:12 AM »
JohnBT,

Interesting. If I understand correctly, the labels you are referring to are all on the cardboard box? The sticker on mine was on the plastic box (what you called the case, I think). Our serial numbers are pretty close too. Interesting...

So, how 'bout everybody else. Any other packaging variations on the "Military" 75B's? Anyone else match either of our variants?

Trebor

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2002, 12:39:58 AM »
I have a 75B Mil, a 75B SA, and a 97B.  All three were purchased from a stocking CZ dealer, Whittakers' Guns in KY.  All three pistols came in three different plastic boxes; that is, they are all VERY different.  Three different colors, three different shapes, three different sizes, etc.
The artist formerly known as FEG...

anything